Prominence Way Retirement
Clinical Resource Nurse
Do you have a passion for helping staff achieve their highest potential?
Prominence Way Retirement Community is a supportive living residence in Calgary, Alberta. We are currently recruiting for the part time position of Clinical Resource Nurse. Under the direction of the Resident Care Manager, Executive Director and Regional Director of Operations, the Clinical Resource Nurse will primarily be responsible for the educational endeavors of our site staff. He/she will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of education for staff of all departments. Through the development, facilitation, and evaluation of mandatory and optional in-services, the Clinical Resource Nurse will mentor staff and assist them to achieve their highest potential.
The Clinical Resource Nurse will also collaborate with the Resident Care Manager in providing daily supervision and oversight to nursing staff as well as ensuring all LPNs and HCA staff are empowered to work to full scope of practice.
The role of the Clinical Resource Nurse requires the successful candidate to possess the following:
- Graduate of a recognized Registered Nursing program and active registration as an RN with CARNA
- Experience in a supportive living or long term care environment preferred
- Current BCLS certification
- Exceptional customer service and public relations skills
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and multitasking skills
- Experience in gerontological nursing is preferred
- Ability to function well in a team centered environment
- Clear criminal records check, with vulnerable sector search
- Previous experience in adult teaching is considered an asset
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work some flexible hours to meet the education needs of staff, which includes occasional evenings, nights
- Ability to work weekends
- Participation in an on-call rotation
- Ability to attend off-site committee meetings
If you feel that you possess the skills listed above and the ability to provide a leadership role, Prominence Way Retirement Community may be the employer for you. Please send your resume with covering letter to:
Kelsie Lowe RN
Resident Care Manager