Website Prominence Way Retirement Community
Prominence Way, Calgary’s NEWEST Retirement Community located in Patterson Heights, is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team!
The Sales and Marketing Manager has a true passion making a difference in the lives of seniors and is responsible for working with the team to develop and implement site-specific marketing and sales programs to achieve occupancy targets.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Generate sales by engaging in tours, presentations and meetings with potential prospects to achieve property occupancy and revenue targets.
- Assist with developing the annual marketing and sales plan, departmental goals and objectives, and annual budget.
- Market the Community’s services and amenities to potential residents, external groups and senior care system partners.
- Keep up-to-date records on sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings in a timely manner using the Company’s Customer Relationship Management Software.
- Effectively interact with multiple internal/external stakeholders, including the public, and manage stressful situations with empathy and respect.
- Understands and practices the principles of excellent customer service and instills Signature Retirement Living’s mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within the team, with resident and families as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-initiative, strong time management and organizational skills.
- Act as Manager-on-Duty weekends on rotation
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in business/marketing field is an asset, along with previous sales experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent English communication (both oral and written), including presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of local community, competitors and media contacts.
- Computer proficiency including media software, internet resources and Microsoft Office.
- Working on a continuous basis with a computer.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 3 hours per day.
- Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Travel by personal vehicle to attend community functions as required.
- Exposure to extreme temperature and variable weather.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen.
Reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.