Prominence Way, located in Calgary, Alberta is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team!
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the successful incumbent for the position of Maitre’D will be responsible for coordinating dining service functions to provide residents, guests and visitors with a memorable dining experience, including service quality, dining room setup, cleanliness and delivery of meals in compliance with the resident dietary needs, expectations, relevant legislative/regulatory requirements, and Company policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Ensure all residents and guests are greeted and welcomed in a friendly manner and their questions are answered as required; become familiar with resident preferences.
• Attend to customer complaints in a professional manner and refer to the Executive Chef as required.
• Coordinate guest reservations and work closely with the Marketing department to ensure potential residents are invited to have a meal and enjoy their dining experience.
• Participates in residents’ food council meetings.
• Works as part of the team to take resident census (where required), seat residents/guests, serve beverages and help clear table to ensure timely turnaround time.
• Consults with Care team to ensure special requests/diets are served to the appropriate residents.
• Enforce and adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and Company policies and procedures.
• Enforce the highest standards of professionalism by following the Company dress code and/or wearing the Company uniform.
• Provide feedback to the Executive Chef regarding hiring and performance of employees.
• Conduct employee training, ensuring that all applicable compliance requirements are met.
• Coordinate staff activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and delegating work accordingly; maintain shift schedules to ensure sufficient employee coverage.
• Attend staff meetings and mandatory training as required.
• Performs Server Job duties as required.
• Complete initial authorization of time sheets, and provide to Executive Chef for approval, as assigned.
• Participation in the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
• Conduct log reviews of all serving staff documents. Where deficiencies exist, reports to and assists the Executive Chef in the development of an action plan.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Frequently lift up to 35 pounds; occasionally pull up to 50 pounds.
• Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for at least 3 hours per day.
• Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 3 hours per day.
WHO YOU ARE
• High School, or equivalent combination and experience.
• Previous restaurant serving experience.
• Experience with coaching and training employees preferred.
• Annual safe food handing education is required
• Smart Serve certificate is an asset.
• Computer literacy.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Sound English communication skills, both oral and written.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available upon request, for the interview process and for other candidate selection methods.