Website Prominence Way Retirement Community
Prominence Way, Calgary’s NEWEST Retirement Community located in Patterson Heights, is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to join our growing team!
We are looking for Housekeepers who have a true passion for working with seniors and making a difference in their lives.
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager the incumbent is responsible for performing cleaning, bed-making and laundry services. Duties include but are not limited to, monitoring quantity of cleaning supplies; safely operating housekeeping equipment and utilizing cleaning chemicals.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with co-workers, suppliers, residents and families.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and sanitation regulations.
- Lift up to 40 lbs. and push/pull loads up to 50 lbs.
- Walk and stand for periods of at least 4 hours per day.
- Climb, bend and stretch for periods of at least 4 hours per day.
Please note: This is an overnight position.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen.
Reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.